Jamis Explorer A2 Step-Thru
- Lightweight aluminum frame, with comfortable upright ride position
- Hi-tensile unicrown fork
- Alloy 36H rims and stainless steel spokes
- Shimano EZ-Fire Plus, 21-speed shifting
- Forged alloy crankset with integrated chainguard
- ProMax alloy direct pull brakes with Shimano levers
- Alloy micro-adjust seat post
- Jamis Comfort with memory foam and bumper springs
COMFORT AND COMPETENCE
The Explorer has been one of our best-selling bikes, ever since it’s introduction in 1982. Originally designed as a mountain bike, the Explorer has since evolved into a very practical and very comfortable sport comfort bike. Inspired in part by our Hudsons and Citizens, without sacrificing the versatile on or off-road competence of the original Explorer, the newest generation Explorer is all about getting the most fun out of the ride, in STYLE, with performance and comfort features that make getting around so effortless it hardly feels like exercise.
When it comes to recreational riding on a so-called comfort bike, nothing gets more uncomfortable faster than having to pedal more weight than necessary. Explorers are built with lightweight 6061 aluminum tubing, resulting in a bike that is as easy to ride as it is to load onto a vehicle.